Wednesday 19 September 2012

WOYWW #172 - Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly, Fa la la la la la la la la


Can you tell I’m in Christmas mode?

My desk on this bright and sunny  What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday is covered with all things Christmas and my Christmas cards are well on the way to getting made.

It’s funny how you can’t face making a start on them but once you get into it it’s really fun.


The cards that are already in my box on the Left of the table are the ones that I made and didn’t send last year due to being stranded in Germany with my cousin for three weeks.
I just simply run out of time in the end and decided it was best not to send any handmade ones at all and keep them so I had a head start this year.
I’ve still lots to make thought so this week I’ve had the stamps out (you can still see them in the box beside my table) as well as some decoupage and die cuts.

Now for those of you who visited me last week and wanted a better look at the Advent Calendar that I’m stitching, you can see it better over at I’d Rather Be Stitchin’, my stitching blog.
It’s coming along nicely but I still have a lot of stitching to do, as well as eventually tackling the backing piece for it, so it should keep my occupied for a while.

And last but not least for those of you who left me comments last week, I said I would put all the names in the virtual hat and pick a winner for my birthday blog candy.

At the time I hadn’t a clue what I was going to offer but in the end I decided on this little lot.


12 sheets Memory Box 12 x 12 double sided decorative papers
Book Print A5 pad - Papermania
1 pack 10 sheets Grunge board – Tim Holtz
1 pack Bazzill Chips Garden Flowers – Bazzill
1 chipboard Flower Book
1 Cosmic Shimmer Mist – Mallow Blush
1 Distress Ink Pad – Fired Brick
6 Maya Road Ribbon Slides
1 pack Creative Acrylics Mirrored Ribbon Slides
1 pack Red Flower and Lace Trims
1 Box Red, Pink & Clear Glass Beads
12 Red Roses
1 pack Forever Friend Spring Time Decoupage Sheets
1 pack Daisy & Dandelion Decoupage Sheets
1 pack Papermania Gemstone Butterfly Stickers
1 pack EK Success Dainty Black Flourish Stickers
1 pack Heidi Swapp Daisy Stickers
1 pack Special Moments Stickers
1 pack Eno Craft Pirate Stickers
1 pack Heidi Swapp Puffy Floral Centres
1 pack Skeleton Leaves
1 pack Go West Studios Acrylics (Thanks & Happy,Smile,Laugh)
1 pack Dress It Up Bakers Dozen Buttons


So without further ado…….the winner (as chosen by Random Org) is


Claire from Cardz By Claire

  Please Email me here Claire  and I will get it in the post to as soon as I can.  Fingers crossed there's something in there that you'll be able to play with!


I hope you all have a wonderful week and until we meet again………

Happy Crafting!

Sue

x

26 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Hi Sue! Lucky Claire to win that lush blog candy. :o) Me too working on Christmas stuff. It was lovely to visit your workdesk today.
Sue x (MiniOwner #86)

Hettie said...

.....'tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la la la la la!!
I thought I would join you in the singing!! Great to see the Christmas stuff out and today I saw it in one of the shops....too early for that but not for us to make cards I say!!
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Sue. I absolutely love that cute little advent calendar you are working on. Great job. I made up one from felt that has little pockets with felt christmas ornaments that pop into the pockets. My son loves it. Yours is sure to be cherished. Have a fun week and Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 102

lisa said...

I can hear you singing, Sue, you sound very cheerful. Those Christmas cards look as though they are coming along nicely.
I love that white wire basket you have your inks in.
Congrats to Claire on winning that lovely lot of stash.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #93

Rita said...

A lovely creative space. You certainly look very organised too. Lucky Claire for winning all those lovely goodies. Congratulations Claire. Hugs Rita xx

Angie said...

SHhhhhhhhhh ....I am not ready for Christmas ...am I ever ready??? Love the look of what are on your desk.xx#8

Annie said...

I was away from my desk last week and couldn't leave any comments so I'm trying to get around as many of my blogging friends today.
Huge congrats to Clare....what a really generous gift.
Hugs,
A x #86

Karen McAlpine said...

You are so right...I am not really looking forward to doing my Christmas cards. I just need to get going on them...as you say!
Karen 122

Cath Davidson said...

I usually start my cards in August but haven't been in the mood this year at all, I suppose I'd better get on with it.

Happy WOYWW
Cath

Tamika said...

The gift shows all of your love,its an awesome prize and Congrats Claire!Tamika #139

Joanne said...

Well done to Claire. Your desk is tidy just like mine was when I posted my woyww today. You should see it now, what a tip.
Hugs Joanne xx

okienurse said...

WOW for someone just tossing things together to celebrate you did an awesome job! Congrats Claire! I have some handmade cards from last year also and need to reglue a few. I wish there was an adhesive that stayed stuck longer. Have a great week. Vickie #73

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Those cards you're making don't look like LOTV ones!! Heh, heh, from the post title I thought you'd be making Halloween cards, lol! Congrats to Claire, lovely prize. Off to see the advent calendar now.

Hugs
Brenda 1 <-- Yes finally! No1!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a lovely lot of blog candy you've given away - congrats to the winner!

And your advent calendar cross stitch is beautiful - the little red beading around the edge really finished it off to a T...

Hugs, LLJ #73 xx

JoZart Designs said...

Well done lucky Claire and well done to you for getting started on your Chr****as cards. Eeek! Can't be thinking of all that until Dec.
Thanks for your comment and I'm 100% again now ready for a long weekend away Dave's college mates and wives... Staffordshire Hoard and National Arboretum too.
Love Jo x

Jenny Marples said...

I am seriously avoiding the C word still but it would be more sensible to follow your lead as otherwise time will run out. Thumbs up for being disciplined enough to make a start. The results are already starting to look good. Hugs, Buttons #79

Twiglet said...

Oh well done to Claire - such a lot of crafty goodies. Now you have made me think I should be contemplating Christmas - the next few months will fly by won't they!! x Jo

Amanda said...

You seem to be getting ready for xmas in good time, unlike myself I am usually a little last minute.
Amanda J @129 x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I've got the Christmas stuff out too, but must admit I'm making slow progress this year! Sharon #74

Daniella said...

What a lucky girl your winner is!! Your space looks awesome! Never too early to start Christmas cards!
xxDaniella

fishioslady said...

WTG Claire on the win, looks like alot of great stuff in the pile.
Good to see some Christmas spirit around.
I am a new follower

House of Bears said...

Well done, Clare, lovely stash.

We've just started on the Christmas cards too :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Sue, I appreciate that it's not really too early, but I don't wanna be making Christmas cards yet! Although I have been, ironically! Are you going to show us? Hugely generous Candy you've put together, Clare will be delighted!

VonnyK said...

Lucky Claire, that is some giveaway you have there. I love those snow flakes on the cards, but I really don't want to think of Christmas just yet :)
Have ag reat week.
Von #48

Unknown said...

Hi Sue

thanks for the comment - the tip on taking a deposit is really useful - I'll definitely mention this to her. I can't believe I've not been to see you and the others for a few weeks on WOYWW - so sorry to have missed being able to say 'Happy Birthday' to you - so please accept my belated wishes... Hope to join in this week - but that depends on how much I stress myself out with things I shouldn't stress myself out about lol

hugs

Paula x x x

Morti said...

Congrats go to Claire for her wonderful random win!

Can't believe I popped by here and am confronted with a Carol singer...LOL.... though I'm impressed by your diligence at started the C-cards. I think I've kind of given up on making christmas cards these days! Doesn't help that I have a large stock of shop-bought which I'm still using up!

You asked about a X-stitch update - I didn't show a photo this week because there really had been no change to it - I hadn't picked it up at all! However, your query galvanised me into action, and there will be some small change to be spotted this week when we WOYWW again!

Thanks for stopping by!