Friday 28 September 2012

Dreaming of a ‘Blue’ Christmas


Just getting in with this one by the skin of my teeth but Enfys over at Going Buggy was running another fun challenge this month and it was to make a Christmas card in non-traditional colours.

I’ve gone with shades of Blue and Brown.


It’s a slightly larger card than I usually make because I treated myself to some 8 x 8 scalloped edge card blanks……….I know, you’re saying that card isn't scalloped, but because as the card is for a man I thought I would trim off the edges.

I started by inking the card itself with Stormy Sky and Frayed Burlap Distress ink and them over stamped sprigs with the Frayed Burlap.

The main image is a Kanban Crafts one, stamped onto Kraft card stock with the Stormy Sky inkpad and then given a light touch of Frosted Lace Stickles and a sprinkle of Polar White Flower Soft.


The greeting is a LOTV one, stamped onto Kraft card and distressed around the edges.


I’m also linking this into the  All Sorts - challenge where the theme is 'Inspired By A Song'.


Thanks for stopping by.


Happy Crafting!

Sue
x

2 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Sue

This is a very pretty card I love the pretty stamp and the muted colours...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Enfys said...

I also love the muted colours, and the simple elegance of your card Sue. Thank you for entering the Going Buggy challenge this month, and good luck
hugs
Enfys