Monday 18 June 2012

I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles!

I seem to be using more and more digi stamps these days especially when I just want to colour but it will never stop me using conventional stamps.
There are so many techniques that you can do with rubber or acrylic stamps so they will never be replaced entirely but what I love about digi stamps is that you can make the image whatever size you like, opening it up to so many possibilities.

I fell in love with this digi image as soon as I saw it.


It’s from   Mo’s Digital Pencil  and is called   Fairy Tabia.

I’ve used a few of Mo’s images in the past and knew it would be fantastic, so when my friend Hazel asked me to make birthday cards from her grandchildren, the twins I made the Christening Cards for a couple of weeks ago, I knew exactly what I was going to use.

For my starting point I’ve used this template from  A Gem of a Challenge #48


and then doubled up on the challenges by working with the colour inspiration from The Ribbon Girl – Challenge #20


Here’s a close up of some of the detail.


Her wings have been painted with Pearl Ex-Press water colours to give a pretty iridescent shine when the light hits them and her bubbles are tiny pearls.

Thanks for dropping by.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x


1 comment:

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card Sue - like the pearls for bubbles - Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x