Wednesday 29 February 2012

WOYWW #143 and a TUSAL

As we all know by now Wednesdays see us all hopping from desk to desk for What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday and it seems all the more appropriate this morning as its Leap Year Day.

For anyone who has a birthday today, I wish you a very Happy Birthday and hope that you have a very special day.


It’s just a quick post from me this morning as I’m waiting for a friend to arrive and then we are off out.

My desk this morning is as I left it last night…….yes, it’s almost clear for once so I thought I would give you a wider shot of my craft room, but please ignore the fact that I failed to put the vacuum cleaner over in there and that the wall paper is coming off under the window……..I really should redecorate)


On my table is a small pile of bits and pieces that I picked up in The Range yesterday. Nothing too exciting, just some foam pads, a permanent adhesive roller and some White tissue papers because I want to have a go at making some tissue tape. There’s also a New Leaf 8 x 8 paper Pad which I’ve had my eye on for a while now and the new Papermania Bookprint paper pack.


At the Right of the table are a pile of cards I finished at the weekend and are waiting to go in the post.





I can’t take credit for this last card because it’s an almost exact copy of a card in an old copy of Cardmaking and Papercraft, designed by Marlene Ashby.




Now, I can hear you all saying, what on earth is a TUSAL when it’s at home.

Well, it’s an acronym for Totally Useless Stitch-a-Long….a sort of WOYWW for stitchers and the idea is that once a month you post a picture of your thread clippings or ORT’s (Old Ratty Threads), so sitting on my computer desk this morning is my very first TUSAL.


You can read more about TUSAL Here if you’re interested and fancy joining in the fun.

There’s also a collection of free cross stitch kits sitting my desk that I’ve been scanning. I used to be able to work directly for the original chart but these days I find I struggle to read them, so I now enlarge them to A4.




So, I’m off shopping now but I’ll be back later today to see what everyone is up to this week.


Happy Crafting!

Sue
x

23 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely craft space and great cards.

Crafting Queen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

Hi Sue, I really love all your fab cards and I'm not at all impressed with the bits on your floor
.....believe me that is nothing compared to my floor [why do you think you never get a pic showing that?]
Hugs,
A x
ps would have loved to check out the TUSAL link but alas you have linked to WOYWW by mistake :-) I will pop back to check it out later when I have a little more time.

Hazel said...

Your cards are super and lovely to see your workspace - so spacious. Enjoy your day out (Hazel, WOYWW #5) x

mckinkle said...

What a busy space you have there Sue, no wonder you are off out enjoying yourselves with a friend!

Lots of super projects and a lovely stash of new buys also!

Keryn x

Gwen said...

Have a good day out!
I like the card with the ducks on it...if you redecorate, where will you create while it is being done?

May said...

Love your creative space, those cards are Stunning, enjoy your day out with your friend, Happy WOYWW, Hugs May x x x x

lisa said...

It's lovey to see your whole room, Sue in all it's glory. There's no time for redecorating when there's crafting to be done!!!
We have similar tastes, I fell for that New Leaf paper pad before Xmas but so far have just admired it.
Your cards are all gorgeous, you have been productive.
Enjoy your day out with your friend.
Hugs Lisax

kay said...

great craft room and a fab selection of cards,your leftover thread storage is rather cool,x

Debbie Rock said...

Such a lovely space to work and such lovely work to do in it! Happy WOYWWing. Debbie #89

ScrappnBee said...

Love the space today! (It definately is tidy! Congrats!) The cards are pure yumminess! Wow! I used to copy my cross stitch charts, but that was because I would line through my completed lines to keep on task! Thanks for sharing a peek at your place! Have a great WOYWW! -Amanda 80

CraftygasheadZo said...

You've got lots of colour going on, your cards are so pretty. Happy Wednesday to you, enjoy your snoop around the oh so creative desks and take care. Zo xx 83

Angie said...

What gorgeous cards ...I especially love the Mallard one. I find cross stitching impossible on the eyes so that is why I'm toying with needle point again ... after about 35 years. I think the enlarged chart idea is brilliant yet so simple ...why did it not occur to me.???xx

jude said...

Hope you had fab time shopping.Loving your new stash .Hope you get chance to play with it ths week.Happy Woyww
judex10

Julia Dunnit said...

Sign of our age Sue, enlarging charts...but far better than not doing them at all, huh! Gorgeous cards, you have been busy. I like the overview of your room very much...really gives me a context for your daily life!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Forgot to say - am tickled by the TUSAL...another fabulously pointless idea, as you know, I'm very attracted to such things!

Peggy Cain said...

love your cards! have a great day!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Such a very tidy craft room and beautiful cards as well. Thank you so much for your visit and kind comments about my cross stitch. xx Maggie #9

Peggy said...

Hi Sue I left you a special note and post on my blog hope this gives you a little chuckle. Peggy
www.createwithbubbe.blogspot.com

Peggy Cain said...

Hi Sue I'd love to come over and spend you money LOL thanks so much for stopping by... hey what is that adorable pig or deer thingy by your computer? really cute.

Karen said...

Love your creative craft space, its lovely and your cards are stunning, they are all really pretty :)

I hope you had a fun day out with your friend?

Have a fab although a bit late WOYWW and a great weekend, Luv Karen xx

scrappymo! said...

Bita of stuff on the rug...hahaha...my pictures rarely show my floor cuz I am the queen of storing extra bits in bags on the floor beside my chair. My secret to keeping it looking Ok is that the bags are all matching ad are quite a pretty pattern!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh what a FUN blog to vist... I'll be back for sure that's why I became a Follower!
Hope your reading your comments today because I have an Award for you to collect on my blog. So stop by to check it out!