Monday 27 February 2012

London Calling



Yesterday I had a fun stamping day and have managed to make six cards in total, three for ladies, two for the gents and an anniversary card, so not a bad days work me thinks.

I thought I would have a look and see what challenges were around as well and first headed off to Kathy’s Waffle Sketch File  to see what the latest sketch is and found this.





I had in mind to use my new Craft Individuals stamp and it works perfectly with Kathy’s sketch.

Here’s what I came up with.





The papers I’ve used are some old Basic Grey Granola.  I really loved this paper when it first came out, so much so that I brought two 12 x 12 pads and two 6 x 6 because I liked the scaled down designs as well,  so I expect I’ll still be using it for the next ten years, Lol!

The London themed stamp as mentioned before is from Crafty Individuals.

I stamped it twice with Black Memento ink and then coloured it with Promarkers and layered some of the images.


The tickets were also stamped using my “Just The ticket” set from Imagine That


I’m linking my card to the Friday challenge over at the Sweet Stampin Blog   where this week’s challenge is “It’s a Man Thing.”

6 comments:

mckinkle said...

Oh Sue what a beautiful card! I do love my job at times like this, its been such a pleasure to visit your blog.

Your work is exceptional!

Thanks for such a great use of Kathys Sketch - personally, Id love to see you work your magic with the next sketch too! Im quite scratching my head!

Keryn :)

mckinkle said...

Sue, there is something for you on my blog, hop on over when you get a spare moment.

Keryn

http://mckinkle-poppydog.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

Unknown said...

This is very nice and elegant, love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

Kim said...

Great card, so different! It is fun when we finally use something we have been saving. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin this week.

Kathy said...

Oh Sue, this is absolutely stunning - I love how the sketch works here, and I adore the colours and stamps you've used.
Thanks for playing along with The Sketch File for February

Fiona said...

wow this is beautiful...love the vintage look..

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

fi
x