Wednesday 23 November 2011

A change is as good as a rest…………….. WOYWW (#129)

Well, I know we are all always saying that the week between What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday’s seems to get shorter and shorter, but in my case it really does.


As you know, I was down in Bournemouth last weekend for a rendezvous with Captain Jack Harkness, aka, John Barrowman and despite my reservations, his show was absolutely fantastic.

He really comes across as being a family guy and throughout the show they were showing pictures of close family members and telling little stories about them. At one point he was telling a very funny story about his parents who are both in there 70’s and as he was telling us how they ‘kept things fresh’ two people came out on stage dressed as a builder and a NY cop, it was so funny. Turned out they were actually his mum and dad.

He was so proud of them both.

This weekend coming I’m away again and have to be up at silly o’clock on Friday morning to be on the coach for 5am bound for the Christmas markets of Cologne and a four day break, so I only have a few days to craft in this week, which brings me nicely to my desk.



As you can see from the photo my desk is in a bit of a frenzy.

The Christmas cards have been put on hold until I get back from my trip and the change I was talking about at the top of my post refers to me making a few birthday cards that are needed for the start of December.

The first is a card for a teenage boy, which just happens to be the theme on the Cupcake Craft challenge blog this week.
I always find it so hard to make cards for that age range and judging by my photo I must have pulled everything I own out of every cupboard and drawer, trying to come up with an idea or two.

In the end I had a look to see what templates were out there this week and found this one on the  Sketch ‘n’ Stash blog.



I always find them a great starting point when I’m really stuck but eventually, with the help of the sketch I managed to make this:-


And here's the other couple of cards I made.





If you haven’t already, pop across to Julia’s at The Stamping Ground and give as a peek at what’s on your desk this week.

I myself need to get on and find my bigger case and get packing my wooly jumpers and thermals because according to the weather forecast we are in for some very cold weather while we’ve away. At least it’s not snowing like the last time I was in Cologne.

I'll be round to see as many as I can before the off on Friday, so get the coffee on!

Thanks for stopping by.


Happy Crafting!

Sue

x

23 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Lovely cards - have a great time in Cologne! Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 19

jude said...

Sue your cards are stunning.I am the same always find young boys cards hard indeede.Hope you have fab time at the christmas market maybe next year thats one thing ive always wanted to do.
Have fab wednesday pop by as i have candy up for grabs hugs judex 18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so jealous! I've never been to a German Christmas market, they look amazing - have fun!!
The teenage boy card is a good 'un, so don't panic! I really like the card with the birds on, that's so stylish. Another good card for the males in our lives :)
Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Sue gosh you have been a busy crafter. Your cards are really gorgeous, I think you have pulled the teen one of nicely! They are always the most difficult especially teen boys. Enjoy your Christmas markets (I'm thinking nice hot spiced wine - mmmmm) xx

Annie said...

Hi, I'm just doing a quick whizz round a few desks while I eat my breaky and before my little grandees arrive [I've got 4 of them coming this morning now :-) ].
Your life sounds as busy as mine at the mo. Really fab cards today Sue. :-)
Hugs,
A x

Neil said...

Hi there. Thanks for letting us peek into your creative space this week. It's always inspiring seeing where and how we create! Hope the rest of your week goes very well for you. Enjoy the Christmas fair.
Neil #31

Faye said...

This is a fab selection of cards. I like the first the best, it's so fun. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Anonymous said...

Gosh you're always on the go! The German Christmas markets sound like such a lot of fun, I'm seeing my German friends this weekend so I'll ask them about it! The cards are great, especially the teenage boy one.

Hugs
Brenda 82

okienurse said...

Great looking desk and awesome cards! I am a big fan of Capt. Jack Harkness and the Torchwood show. I wish we could see more of his work here in the states he is a great actor! Hope Cologne is fun! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #64

Tracey FK said...

Love Captain Jack and you are a lucky thing going to the show... outside of that and despite a shortened week you seem to have crammed a ridiculous amount it... hate to see what you would do with a full week xx

Louise said...

Great idea for a lads card love your other cards also,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
HUgs louise xx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Sue love your take on the sketch very clever thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

Jen Nelson said...

Hi Sue, Great Take on this weeks SnS sketch!! i love it
thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash
jen xx

ScrappnBee said...

Sounds like a real great show! Have fun in Cologne! Love the soccer card! Super creative! Love the rest of the cards as well!!! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda#7

Julia Dunnit said...

Have a great trip Sue, gosh it's quite a long way by coach, make it worth it with lots of shopping!!
Really like the cards, three more different you couldn't have made really.

Sarah said...

SOOOO much going on. Glad you enjoyed the show...he is a real showman through and through... Used to go to Germany when I was in Holland to the markets - just love them! Have fun. Great cards too - love your designs and style. Thanks for sharing a little of your life and desk! Sarah at 14

Shoshi said...

You sound really busy! Great cards. Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #70

Twiglet said...

Hi Sue. Your cards are stunning - you sound so busy. Have a fab time in Cologne. x Jo

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card hun...
Thanks for playing along at sketch n stash & good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Oh Cologne, lovely, I only do Lincoln, which is wonderful, even if they do have a one way pedestrian system, which means you have to walk all the way round to get back to where you missed!
2 weeks tomorrow for me, have a wondeerful time, enjoy yourself, and relax, and well done on the cards, boys of that age are sooooo hard to do,

Happy WOYWW
Lou #41

lisa said...

You'll be well on your way to Cologne by now so by the time you read this you'll be back again so I hope you had a great time. I am very envious, I've always wanted to visit a Christmas Market in their traditional setting. The ones we get here are great but I bet they don't have the atmosphere you'll experience.
Your cards are gorgeous. I love them all.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #84

Fuchsia said...

Sorry bit late been going round in stages !!
your work is fantastic
have a great week
Fuchsia 98

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sue, what a fantastic card. I love the image and it is perfect for those "difficult" males lol! Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft. Hugs, Denise x