Wednesday 20 April 2011

Ahead of Myself

I couldn’t make it to WOYWW last week and didn’t want to miss it two weeks in a row, especially as the excitement is growing as we get ever nearer to the big P.I.F in celebration of the second anniversary so here I am with a photo of my desk this morning.



I’m making no apologies for the poor quality of the picture.
The sun was streaming through my window leaving shadows over everything but I’m sure you will still be able to get the gist of what I’ve been up to.

The first thing you may notice is that there’s been a little change to the storage boxes at the back of my desk.

For some time I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a new container to store my distress inks.
Up until now I’ve had them all thrown into one of the drawers at the back of my table but they were often awkward to get to because of all the stuff that gets piled up in front of them. I wanted them to be within easy reach and found just what I was looking for in Hobbycraft last week. I think it’s meant to go inside a drawer but I’ve stood mine on its end, which meant I had to have a bit of a ‘rearrange’ and relocate a few bits but over all I’m very pleased with the way it’s worked out. Now I just have to reach out and grab the one I want!

Scattered across the rest of my desk are the working of my Nephew’s birthday card. I’m feeling quite smug because I’m ahead of myself in the card order stakes and already working on cards needed for June.

You can see the remains of my Basic Grey ‘Marjolaine’ pad lying at the back of the table and also some tickets, cut with the Sizzix strip and finished off with the coordinating stamps from Imagine That
Actually, it’s the first time I’ve used them and if I’m honest I think I’m going to need lots of practice with them because I had awful trouble lining the stamps up with the die cut even though I used a clear acrylic block.

There’s nothing else very exciting on my deck this week, just the usual crafting necessities.

I’ll be round to visit as many as I can during the week and be back next time when we will find ourselves a week closed to the second anniversary bash.
For everything you need to know to join in with WOYWW and the anniversary P.I.F. please hop on over to Julie’s blog The Stamping Ground.


Have a good week and a very happy Easter
Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

9 comments:

Berry said...

All looking wonderfully organised here! Love basic grey papers! Happy WOYWW hugs Rebekah xx (65)

Karen said...

A lovely, busy creative desk and I love your new storage drawers, they look fab.
Have a lovely WOYWW,
Karen #41

okienurse said...

Very nice desk! I wouldn't apologize for the sun streaming in it means nice weather! Love the stamp pad storage. I need to find something more workable then the tin I now use. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #28

Andria said...

Happy WOYWW,
Andria #32

Mrs A. said...

Love the unit you have got from Hobbycraft for your distress inks. Mine are just in a plastic box container which I have to keep getting out of storage to use.
The rest of your desk looks very neat and tidy too.
Hugs Mrs A. #59

Angie said...

Thankyou for your lovely comments.I always check that I have already visited when I get a comment ...nearly didnt as I was sure I had ...sorry I missed you.... or was there a problem as you only have 3 comments ??
I love using BG best of all and I love seeing what you are upto on your FH Blog. Take Care

Di said...

Hi Sue! Lucky you having the space to keep everything to hand - great stamp storage too. Think I'm gonna have to do some reorganising in here :)) Thanks for calling by earlier in the week - sorry I'm a bit late hopping round this week! Di x

Tertia said...

Very organised and clean space. Wish I was ahead of myself.
Happy belated WOYWW

Kathy said...

Great idea for the DI pads, Sue - I saw those in Hobby craft the other week. They wouldn't rally work on my new shelves atm, but maybe if my collection increases!

Hope you are well and having a lovely Easter