Wednesday 30 March 2011

WOYWD #95

Snooping day is here again and it’s a good excuse to grab a coffee and take a tour of everyone’s desk.
I bet Julia didn’t realize when she blogged a photo of her desk for the first time that it would go ‘global’, but it has and now she’s getting on for 200 of us joining in each week, which is amazing.

If you fancy joining our merry band of Workdesk Wednesday’ers then visit The Stamping Ground for all you need to know and maybe I’ll see you next week!

I’ve had a very quiet crafting week since last we meet, only making one card, which in fact isn’t even finished yet.
I kept getting distracted by the lovely weather and wanted to be doing things in the garden, drinking coffee and reading being two of them, Lol, but I did do a spot of gardening as well and I still have the aches and pains to prove it!

My evenings too have been taken up by another distraction, the hospice cross stitching project I’m working on.
It’s getting quite exciting now because seven of the quilt and cushion sets are completely finished and the project is nearing its end. I’ve just finished stitching all the squares for the eighth set and they will be winging their way to Nicki in Switzerland to be made up very soon. My good friend Sharon is working on the squares for the final quilt set and now my stitching is done I’ll lend a hand to get them finished too.

Here’s a sneak peek.

These are the squares (all the same) for the second Brown quilt.




Photo temporarily removed  - submission to The World of Cross Stitching






And this is one of the squares for the seating area quilt.

Unlike the other quilts, this one will have different squares on it but they will all be Gerbera’s because they are the logo for the hospice.




Photo temporarily removed - submission to The World of Cross Stitching







The good news is that it’s dull and miserable this morning and the garden isn’t calling me at all today so I’ve finally made a start on the LO of my Great Grandmother that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
I want it to match the one I’ve already finished of my Great Grandfather which you can just make out on the back Right-hand corner of my desk.


I’ve decided on all the bits I want to use and sorted out where I want everything to go, with the exception of the flower. I don’t like that one very much and think I might make cut some distressed flowers with my Tim Holtz die, we shall have to see.


If you’re interested in heritage scrapbooking, visit Family Footprints in the Sands of Time where you can see some of the other pages I’ve done and read a little bit about their lives. I still have a few other finished pages to put on there but need to do a little bit of research first.

Well, the kettle has just boiled, so I’ll be off to make my coffee and then I’ll be round to see what you’re all up to this week.

Have a good week and ……….
Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

8 comments:

MvM-design said...

Nice desk , thanks for sharing!!
Nice old photo!
Happy Wednesday;-)

Karen said...

Those embroidered squares are gorgeous Sue and a lovely LO in the making. It seems as though everyone this week seems to have their CB's out!!
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #79

Twiglet said...

Your layout is really lovely - I bet you are pleased with it - worth all the effort!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

One of these days, I must do something about sorting out some of the hundreds of family photos we have. some in boxes and some on the computer. Scrap booking might be a good way to show a few off. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

lisa said...

I know what you mean about the gardening calling. It's so lovely to be outside again after the Winter isn't it.
I love your cross stitch. The project sounds wonderful. You must share a photo when it's finished.
I've also peeked at the finished LO on your desk which is just stunning and will make a lovely pair with the other one. I can't believe you are not a Scrapbooker, you do such stunning pages. I must get back to doing more, other projects have taken over lately and I miss it.
Enjoy the sunshine when it returns.
hugs Lisax

Marjo said...

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW

Hugs Marjo #22 oops thats 23

okienurse said...

very busy and creative desk. LO of grandfather was nice and this one will fit perfectly with it. Love the embroidered squares. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #83

Anonymous said...

I love the before and after effect: see the page before it's done, then see it done. Gives a nice little insight into your work. Thank you so much.

cheers, rachel #64