Wednesday 30 March 2011

Great Grandma Jessy

So everything is stuck in its place now and I can reveal the lay out that was strewed across my table first thing this morning when I showed you what was on my workdesk.

The WOYWW post is below this one)



As I mentioned before, I wanted this page of me Great Grandmother to match & complement the one that I had previously made for my Great Grandfather, so I’ve used the same K & Co papers from the Blue Awning pad…….I just love these papers, so much so that I even made the paper flowers from them.

I’ve also used some of the same embellishments on both Lo’s to tie them together, but I didn’t want the layouts to be exactly the same, so I’ve used this week’s sketch (231) from Pencil Lines.



I’ve used their card sketches many times before but never a 12 x 12 sketch, so this is a first for me and that’s because I’m a card maker rather than a scrapbooker and never feel confident when doing layouts so the sketch was a great help. With lots more of my ancestors pages still waiting to be made I can see myself coming back for more, time and time again.

1 comment:

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Sketches are great to use to help with scrapbooking. I LOVE scrapbooking and your layout looks really great. I have put some of my Layouts on my desk this WOYWW. It's funny because I am more of a scrapbooker than a cardmaker , but when I do make the odd card I get all flustered and panicky!
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (41)