Tuesday 11 January 2011

Feeling Archaic

Yes folks, that’s how I’ve been feeling this morning, old and crotchety.
I ache all over and I’m hoping that it’s mainly due to the fact that I had a restless night and could really do with a new bed rather than I’m coming down with something.

My challenge to myself this week has been to try and use up some of the rements of my ever growing paper stash, instead of keep buying new stuff, so the last couple of days have been spent making cards.
Some are needed for orders but while I had my Basic Grey ‘Archaic’ pad out I decided that I wouldn’t put it away after I’d made the cards I needed, I would use it all up instead……a scary thought! Mind you, once I had got into it I really enjoyed myself trying to use the tiniest of scraps as it goes.

So alas, Archaic is no more but on the bright side I have a little collection of ‘spare’ men's cards, which I always find hard to make in a hurry and there will also soon be room for new stash at a later date, yah!

Here’s the little collection.


And here they are close up.









On an even brighter note, I had a visit from my lovely friend Lythan yesterday.
We’ve been trying to get together for ages but all my problems, Lythan’s work load and the weather all scuppered our plans to get together before Christmas. We finally managed it yesterday, so I made lunch, we had a good old natter and exchanged Christmas gifts before she headed off home for an evening at the pictures with her family. Hope you enjoyed the film hun and thanks for my beautiful necklace……I have it on now!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon.
Sue
x

3 comments:

Lythan said...

these cards are even more fab in real life - especially that last one. The film was great - you must see it sometime. And thanks for the wonderful presents (which i am not wearing)

Sue said...

wow you HAVE been busy

sounds like a fAB meet and lunch as well - wonder who talked the most?? lol

Ady said...

Your cards are fab!
I would like to award you with the Stylish Blogger Award.
Do hop on over to my blog (http://craftyady.blogspot.com/) and pick up the details. Wishing you a terrific 2011 with lots of lovely things, great ideas and lots of inspiration!!!