Monday 11 January 2010

Basic Grey #11 - Colour Challenge

Here I am with yet another challenge that I’ve not joined in with for a while and it’s really good to be joining in again.

Basic Grey Challenge Blog sets a challenge once every couple of weeks and this one is running until the 22nd January.

It’s a photo challenge this time, so we have to use the picture of this room as our guide.
Wish my room looked like that!

I’ve taken my inspiration from the three canvases hanging on the wall.

I’ve used two papers from my ‘Marrakech’ 6 x 6 pad to cover my card blank.

All the panels are stamped with my Basic Grey ‘Insignia’ stamps.
The Blue ones have been stamped with a Versa Mark ink pad and embossed with Detail White embossing powder and the Grey squares were stamped with a Blue Adirondack pad and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I then added some tiny gems to highlight parts of each design and finished off with an Organza bow.

Square Card Blank – Craft Creations (Embossed Hammer)
Patterned Papers – Basic Grey, Marrakech
Rubber Stamps – basic Grey Insignia
Ink – Ranger Adirondack (Pool) Tsukineko Versa Mark (Clear)
Embossing Powder – Stamp’n’Stuf (Detailed White) Fun Stamps (Clear)
Glitter Glue – Craft Planet (Iridescent Sparkle)
Gems – Anita’s Tiny Gem Wheel

Other Stuff
Ribbon
Fine pen for faux stitching

7 comments:

Annie said...

Really love what you've made for this challenge. Love the colours.
A x
ps I've finished my poppy picture and blogged it if you're interested.

Lynda said...

Oh Sue this is just gorgeous - those colours and those papers are beautiful. You've really captured the essence of that photograph perfectly.

Love Lynda xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great card - great way to interpret the challenge. (It's my room they photo'd by the way.)

Natty said...

Gosh that's a gorgeous room isn't it, wish mine looked like that too!

Your card is really pretty with those colours. :o)

Heather said...

Just beautiful Sue and so elegant, you've really captured the -spirit of the photograph, great stamping and such gorgeous details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Sue is gorgeous and you've matched the colour scheme perfectly. Love it. :)

Vanessa.

Galina Varese said...

Beautiful colour combination, very elegant and romantic.