Wednesday 30 December 2009

What’s on my Work Desk Wednesday?

Well, all that preparation and it’s all over!
I hope you all had a wonderful time and Santa was kind to you all.

I’m happy to report that the little cupcakes that were on my desk last week slipped down rather nicely with a nice glass of Tia Maria and all that remains of them are a few crumbs that are destined for the bird table.

My craft room is back in action now and knowing that Julie will no doubt be popping over to see ‘What’s on my Work Desk’ this Wednesday; I thought I would take a couple of photos.

This morning I started making a couple of birthday cards with the new Brenda Walton paper pad that Lythan brought for me as part of my Christmas present….Thanks You Lythan.
I just love K & Co papers and the colours in this collection are so gorgeous I was finding it hard to choose which ones to use.

Both the cards have Craft House Chipboard Blooms on them and the for the centre of the larger flower I’ve used another of my Christmas pressies, one of the brads from the Papermania Brad Making Kits, that was a gift from my Brother. I love the way you can use the same papers and make the brad to match.

All I need to do to finish them both off is add a greeting of some description and they’re done.


I think I’m getting tight in my old age.
I really do waste an awful lot of paper so I’ve decided that every time I make a card I’ll start a card blank with the off cuts instead of just throwing them away. That way, when I need a card in a hurry all I have to do is add an image and a greeting. With the left over’s from my two birthday cards I’ve started off these three A6 cards.

Now then, what else is lurking in amongst the mess that is my work space?

Two new Cuttlebug embossing folders (Snowflakes and Candy Cane Stripe), two new TH Distress Inks (Old Paper and Milled Lavender) and the beginnings of an idea for my next design team card for the Daring Cardmakers next dare on the 8th January.

Well folks, that’s about it for me from me for now. The next time we meet we will into a new decade, so I’ll take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you who visits my blog a


Happy and Healthy New Year

Sue
x x x

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Those cards are gorgeous Sue and great use of the scraps too! Congrats on your New Home card being published in Cards Magazine - I knew straight away it was yours when I opened the magazine yesterday! Happy New Year to you.

Love Lynda xxx

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards and really love the idea of setting up another bunch ready using the cut offs. All the best for the New Year. Here's to happy blogging :-) A x

Linby said...

ooh love your tip for using scraps - my scrap box is taking over so may try it too! Great cards.
Linbyx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh a hive of activity already! Loving the cards and the 'resolution' to use up the spares immediately...brownie points gal!

Nikki said...

That's a great idea with creating the quick cards using your scraps up quickly too
Cute Cards
Nikki

Kaz said...

Oh Sue you are so organised with your spare cards, you put me to shame. I put my scraps in a drawer to use later and its only when I can't shut the drawer I clear them out!!

Love those cards with the big chip flower.

Happy New Year xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue. :)

Well done on being published!

Happy New Year.

Vanessa.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Sue,
Lovely cards :) I've been thinking lately that I need to used up some of the offcuts that are accumulating ;)
As for the m/wave meringue I did actually have a go and it didn't work for me :-/ Apparantly you use 1 egg white and add as much caster sugar as you can get in you don't need to whisk the egg white either then cook on full power for 1 and half minutes. I found that some rose more than others and when I tried to turn the plate they all collapsed! I did carry on but they were rubbish. I've had some done in the m/wave and they were great - not AS good as the proper ones IMO but good nevertherless.