Monday 14 September 2009

DMC’S – Down by the Sea

I’ve been a naughty blogger, not posting for over a week but at the moment I could do with being ‘Down by the Sea’ because last week was a little stressful to say the least.

It started off on Monday with a trip to the hospital with my brother.
It was just to check up on his eye that was operated on last Friday. Everything was fine I’m pleased to say but the one and a half hours we had to wait past his appointment time wasn’t. I don’t know how they manage to get so far behind and I’m sure that I could have organised things much better, but hay ho!

Wednesday was my birthday (I was 53 but don’t tell anybody will you) and I had planned to go to a local garden for some lunch with my Dad and big Brother. The aim was also to get a pot plant while we were there because on the 12th it was 20 years since we lost mum and we wanted to take something special to the cemetery. I find it hard to believe it was that long ago because I can remember every little event on that day even down to the thunder storm we had.
I love you mum and I so miss you!

In the end we didn’t go out after all because my dad was taken ill and we had to get the doctor out to him. Turns out he’s got a chest and ear infection so he’s on the antibiotics now and they seem to be doing the trick because he’s much better today.

My birthday wasn’t a complete flop thought because the door bell rang and there on the doorstep clutching two bunches of flowers and a birthday card was our lovely Lythan.........….she really brightened my day I can tell you.

Anyway, on with this weeks Daring Cardmakers team dare, all be it a little bit late on my part.


Down by the Sea


Over on this side of the world we're coming to the end of the Summer, and on Keryn's side they'll soon be dusting off their buckets, spades and sun-hats.

Of course we don't just enjoy being by the sea in the Summer, it doesn't matter what the season is, the seaside is a great place to be, so this week we'd love you to make cards with any sort of seaside theme.

Let your creativity go wild and have some fun by the sea with us.

My first reaction to this was panic as I didn’t really have anything that I considered would fit the dare but once I’d gathered my thoughts I remembered the set of Fishing stamps from Tanda that I have.



I’ve tried to do my card in the style of Michelle Zindorf because I just love her work, mind you my card is not a patch on hers.

With hind sight, an investment into a bigger brayer might have been a good idea instead of using the silly little one that I have at the moment. ……..It’s now on my shopping list for Alexandra Palace on the 26th!
The image was stamped, coloured and embossed and then some of it was masked while I sponged and embossed the Sun and then the sky was breyered over the top of the whole thing.

Square Card Blank – Papermania
Plain Card - DCWV(Pastels Stack)
Rubber Stamp – Tanda –Fishing Set 1
Inks – Tsukineko Pigment Ink, Whispers Dye Based Ink, Ranger Distress Ink
Pens – Marvy Le Plume
Embossing Powder – Stamp ‘n’ Stuff (Clear)
Dies – Spellbinder Nestabilities (Labels 1)
Embossing Folder – Cuttlebug (Swirls)
Glitter Glue – Craft Planet (Iridescent Sparkle)
Clip – Making Memories (Cheeky Flat Clips)

Other Stuff
Ribbon
Large Brads
Navy Blue Card

5 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you had a good birthday - thank-you for my card xx

Yes I will be at Ali Pali on the Saturday hope that's the day you are going would be fab to catch up

ana said...

the image with the sea,the sun and eagles is really beautifull.. :)

Lynda said...

Just love your card Sue - you've captured the seaside just perfect!

Lynda xxx

Angie said...

Happy Birthday .... that is a beautiful card you made.

Annie said...

A belated Happy Birthday Sue. What an eventful week for you. Really love the card. Not sure how you come up with ideas when the subjects are chosen for you but I really think you do the job brilliantly. Keep up the good work. A x