Wednesday 12 August 2009

Funky Hand meets Basic Grey......A Birthday Book…….and lots of Challenges!!

I bet you’ve all been wondering where I’ve been since Friday, haven’t you?
Well I’ve been here, but I’ve been busy for the last three days getting covered in ink and glue, making another Birthday Book.

You may remember that I made one for my Nephew Lee for his 21st back in May and he was so thrilled with it that he’s asked me to make one for his girlfriend who’ll be 21st in a few days time.

Now I have a confession…….In making this book I’ve broken one of my golden rules.

I love taking part in the challenges and have always been an advocate of making separate cards for each one that I take part in……it’s just a personal thing!
I know that with so many challenge blogs around now most people incorporate as many as they can into one card but I still like to tackle each challenge individually which is why I’m feeling a little hypocritical at the moment. You see, my book covers no less than Seven challenges!

I think I can just about justify it though because I’ve actually done it so that each of the pages in the book uses a different template and the front and back cover a challenge……..no different from indrevidual cards really….right! Well I’m convinced even if you aren’t.

I started off with a Maya Road Flower Chain Book blank and a 6 x 6 pad of Basic Grey Bittersweet papers which with hind sight should have been 12 x 12 because when I came to cover the pages the 6 x 6 wasn’t big enough. …….Still, all wasn’t lost.
I printed out some A4 papers from a Funky Hand download of Shabby Saturday and covered the pages with that first.

The cute little fairies were also a digi download, this time from My Grafico and a great designer ‘Ladybug’ and my final credit goes to Sharon Long from The Scrapbook Lady who designed the fantastic Craft Robo file for the Key.


Right then, I guess I’d better show you what I’ve been getting covered in ink and glue for then….

The Front and Back covers follow the Pink, Brown and Cream colour challenge over at Double Dutch

And then I’ve used templates for all the other pages but you have to look closely to see some of them. They are there honest, but the shape of the book makes some of them a little difficult to see.

So for the first page I’ve used Laura’s Sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You.


Next it was sketch 64 from Friday Sketchers


Then my first attempt at a Polka Doodles template.

Next it was Di Hickman’s template from last week. I was hoping to get this done before this weeks new sketch was posted but it didn't happen.



Then Papertake


And finally Sketch 63 from Sketch Saturday

8 comments:

Lythan said...

only one challenge per page though so I reckon that counts. And it is amazingly fab!!!!!!

Anice said...

Wow, no wonder you have been busy! This is absolutely beautiful.
Anice xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Wow! You were so busy and all look fantastic!

Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Kerry said...

Great take on the challenge and such a pretty card. Thanks for joining in at polkadoodles.

Kath Stewart said...

wow this is fabulous Sue and I love how you managed to nail all those challenges...clever girl and thanks for joining in the fun this week at Polkadoodles....hugs kath xxxxxx

Polkadoodles said...

Wow, great take on our challenge, think it just scrapes in!! BTW I WANT one of those brad machines, looks awesome, its not over here yet:(
thanks for joining the Polka Doodle challenge this week (yr link didnt work properly btw, I had to really look for this one! ) xx

Saskia said...

Wow, Wow... you're so creative!!!! I LOVE your work!!

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!! Good luck!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Tip Top said...

Wow! This is wonderful and yes, I do think it all counts!!! I'm amazed you managed to do a challenge per page and its all worked so well! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!