Friday 17 July 2009

Blogerversary & DCM – Away with the Fairies

It’s my Blogerversary today….yah!!!!!
I’ve been blogging for two years and this is your last chance to be in with a chance of winning my blog candy, which will be picked at 2pm today.

If you haven’t done it already, hop over Here while you still have time.


Right then,


as you know, the design team over at the Daring Cardmakers blog take it in turns each week to set the new dare.
This week it should have been Tanya challenging our crafting skills but unfortunately she's been ill for the last few weeks (hope you’re feeling better soon hun) and wasn’t able to set one this time round, so our lovely guest designer Gail has stepped into the breach and come up with a fab dare for us.

Having said that…….. I hope she wasn’t insinuating that the design team are ‘Away with the Fairies’ when she came up with this one Lol!

Anyway, here’s my card……….


I thought I would use Kathy’s latest Sketch, seeing as I’ve not done one for a while, although mine is done with circles rather than rectangles.
I’m sure she’ll let me get away with that one…….well; at least I hope she will.


My Fairy is Cross Stitched onto 14 count Aida and cut from the fabric using my Peony Nestabilities to give it a fancy edge.


To add a little more interest I’ve inked the edges with Distress Ink and stitched on some tiny seed beads.

There’s lots of ‘Sparkle’ on here too in the way of Silver and Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue, tiny crystal gems, Silver embossing and I’ve even used Metallic threads when I was stitching the Fairy.


Card Blank – Craft Creations (Embossed Hammer)
Patterned Papers – Basic Grey (Lime Rickey)
Rubber Stamp – Basic Grey (Two Scoops/Swirlie)
Inks –Ranger Distress Ink (Broken China) VersaMark (Clear)
Embossing Powder – Stamp ‘n’ Stuff (Detail Silver)
Paper Punches – Fiskars – (Sunburst Border)
Dies – Spellbinder Nestabilities (Peony & Large Classic Circles)
Pen – Krylon Silver Marker
Gems – Anita’s Tiny Gems
Glitter Glue – Stickles (Silver) Craft Planet (Iridescent Sparkle)
Threads – Anchor Standard Threads (Various Colours) Madeira Glissen Gloss (Various Colours)
Fabric - Sew & So (14 count Aida)

Other BitsRibbon
Seed Beads
Computer Generated Greeting

7 comments:

Lythan said...

congrats on the bloggerversary Sue. And how divine is your card. I didn't realise yu could cut aida like that - it is so effective and so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Sue. :) The detail and work gone into your card is fabulous.

Congrats on your bloggerversary. :)

Stef H said...

wow! congrats on the blogaversary!!!! and this is gorgeous! wow!

hugs,

Kathy said...

Oh crikey I'm bright aren't I? didn't realise it was the sketch until you pointed it out - though it all seemed vaguely familiar LOL. Vague might be the right word for me, I think!

Anyway, fabbylicious card, love the blues and all the bits and such a cute image too

Kathy said...

Forgot to mention - how fab I thought it weas to get a bit of your lovely X stitching into a card

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Sorry I missed your bloggerversary, belated congratulations. This card is absolutely stunning, how I miss doing cross-stitch. Everything goes together perfectly and I love your paper.

Rika said...

Congrats Sue!
Beautiful card, lovely cross stiching!