Sunday 21 June 2009

Missing You

I thought things were beginning to settle down in my life after all the upheaval of the last couple on months but last week was another where me feet didn’t seem to touch the ground.

It wasn’t really bad stuff, just hospital and doctor’s appointments and a very nice girly day shopping at Bluewater but it meant I was out and about every day and in between I still had card orders to fulfil, so a bit manic at times.

I managed my card for the Daring Cardmakers challenge by the sink if my teeth and even then it turned out to very, very basic.

It was Lythan’s turn to set the dare this week and because her daughter is away from home at the moment and she is missing her dreadfully, she ‘dared’ us to make cards with a ‘Missing You’ or ‘Thinking Of You’ theme to them.

So there I was at 11pm on Thursday evening trying desperately to make my card for the 10am Friday launch….and this is what I came up with.


As I said, very, very simple!
Just two sheets of 6 x 6 with part of the pattern cut from one of them and layered over the top of the first with 3D foam and then some faux stitching around the edge of the card…….and there you have it!
Card Blank – Papermania
Patterned Paper – Basic Grey (Wisteria)
Inks –Ranger Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
Dies – Spellbinder Nestabilities (Labels One)
Pen – Marvy LePlume (Wisteria)
Half Pearls – Basic Grey Opaline

Other BitsRibbon
Computer Generated Greeting
The hospital appointment I had was the first time I’ve been back since having the surgery on my knee back in April.

Although I’m still getting some pain in it, he seemed pleased with the way things have gone and said that I have very good movement back in it already so I can now start exercising and swimming again, which is great!
As for the pain, well, he did say it’s early days yet and most of it should go in time but I have to except that I do have arthritis in my knee and unfortunatly that’s not really going to improve.
Still, it’s certainly much, much better than it was before and if the pain can be controlled I can cope with it.
I have to go back in six months by which time I hope to have lost some of the weight that I’ve put on from not being very active.

4 comments:

Lythan said...

I love all the layering on this card Sue. I'm glad that the doc is pleased with your progress. Keep it up!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Sue it may be simple but my is it stunning I love love love it. Glad that things are going well and the doc is happy you are progressing.
Take care hun,
Hugs Pascale

Yvonne Randall said...

Hi Sue,
Wonderful cards on this blog. Such an eye for design and colour. I am pleased that you came over to my blog and leaving such nice comments about my challenge entry.

Yvonne

Leslie said...

Sue, I came here to joke with you about my "name dropping", but I must say, having much more fun checking out your cards and cushions. This card is lovely. You say simple, I say fantastic!! The name dropping was more of a journey through time for me. Had lots of fun living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Had forgotten I had a life before kids and marriage. LOL!! Have a great day. Hugs, Leslie