Wednesday 13 May 2009

He's Got The Key Of The Door, Never Been 21 Before.

Board Books and Cuttlebug Challenge #31

Well I eventually finished off the 21st Birthday book that I was making for my Nephew from his Granddad.

You've already seen the start of the first couple of pages because it fitted in with the DCM's ‘Toy’s for Boys’ dare a couple of weeks ago but the rest of it is finished now so I've decided to enter the whole thing in this weeks Cuttlebug chalange.

My bug came into play while cutting various die shapes and doing some embossing.

Here it is in all it’s glory.

The papers are all from the Basic Grey ‘Oh Baby’ Boy collection. The plain card stock is from the DCWV Pastels stack and there are lots of embellishments, ribbons and fibres added from my stash.

Front


I found the verse on line somewhere (sorry I can't remember where) and changed parts of it to fit the occasion.

It reads:-

How very fast the the time has gone
The years just seemed to fly
Since you were just a tiny child
A precious baby boy

There were challenges along the way
Special things to see and do
I know that I'm so lucky to have
A grandson just like you

But now you've reached a milestone in the blinking of an eye

It's your 21st birthday
And it marks another turn
Today's for celebration.........
Just watch those candles burn

So enjoy your special day Lee
Feel my love in all you do
For nobody, dear Grandson
Deserves it more than you

Back




10 comments:

Karen said...

Love this cool book! The colors are awesome. Thanks for taking the challenge, and such a great job of it too!!

www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jenn K said...

This is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

BettyBee said...

What a beautiful job you did! This is a work of art, and a great keepsake for someone very special. I love all of the little details. Great job on the Cuttlebug Challenge, too.
BettyBee

Allison said...

such an adorable book
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

danni reid. said...

oh what an awesome gift to receive, wow!

www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Mrs J said...

How special is this Sue?! What a gorgeous keepsake you have created here, so much beautiful detail and great colours too! Thanks for playing along with us at Cuttlebug Challenges!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Unknown said...

Oh wow...this is amazing!!
I absolutely LOVE it!!

chickadee3357 said...

Very cool book! I love the tabs on it!

Jennifer said...

what a great project-love the colors

Helen said...

This is super - love how you layered all the phrases and had them going down pages - looks great!
Helen x