Friday 8 May 2009

DCM - Mum's The Word

Yes it’s Friday already and that means it’s Daring Cardmakers dare day.

I’ve been missing from the team for a few weeks but I’m back now and joining in with Tanya’s dare which is................


Mum’s the Word

This week it's my first time to set the dare since being back - it's Mother's Day here in New Zealand on Sunday 10th May (not sure about other parts of the world), so this week's dare is to make a card with the word MUM on it somewhere.It could be Mother's Day, birthday etc.


Here’s my effort:-


This was quite an easy card to make with little effort and stunning (well I think so) effect.
It’s just basically stamping with a VersaMark ink pad and then giving everything a quick swoosh....love that word........ with some Perfect Pearls and Pearl Pigments.

Quick and simple….just what I like!

I’ve kept the colours lighter for the butterflies in the background and more vibrant for the ones in the foreground and then I stamped one final one onto card which was cut out and mounted onto 3D foam.


I’ve just realized that I must be going through a bit of a ‘Blue’ period in my life because the card I made yesterday was Blue and so is this one!
A5 Card Blank and Card Stock – Craft Creations. (White Hammer)
Rubber Stamp – Penny Black (Wings)
Inks –VersaMark (Clear) Martha Stewart Pigment Ink (Ocean)
Pigments – Blonde Moments (Festive Holly Lustre & Sugar Cool Lustre) Ranger Perfect Pearls (Forever Blue)

Other BitsEyelets
Ribbon
Computer Generated Greeting


4 comments:

Lythan said...

I love the subtle colours on this card Sue

Kathy said...

This is so soft and pretty, Sue - a real delight

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Sue you are right it is a beautiful effect. I love the way you have the butterflies in formation and it is a elegant,classy card. Hugs Pascale

Cardmaking Galore said...

Love the soft colours of this card!