Monday 18 May 2009

CPS - #116

It’s fast approaching that time in the year that I hate, card making wise.

We have Father’s Dad here in the UK coming up towards the end of June and usually a week later it’s my dad’s birthday, which means that I have to make six different cards for him from myself and my two brothers.
This year things are working out a little differently because dad’s 86th birthday falls the day after Father’s Day, so no extra week for me to work on the cards.

I thought I’d better make a start on them early so I’m not in a complete panic nearer the time, which is what usually happens. So to get me going I’ve used this weeks template from CPS as my starting point.


A nice versatile template this one.

Because dad is registered blind and has very little vision I always like to try and make his cards with at least one raised element on it so he can feel it, which is way I’ve added the buttons to this one, as well as some fibres and some heat embossing which gives a nice raised image.


I’ve used my favourite Basic Grey papers and also had a go at making a sheet of my own backing paper with Distress inks, Moon Shadow Mist and some stamped images…..the only problem is you can’t see most of now because it’s been covered up by all the other layers……shame because I was really pleased with the way it came out.
I’ll have to have another go and show it to you next time!

Card – Craft Creation (Creative Hammer, Cream)
Patterned Papers – Basic Grey ( Ambrosia)
Inks – Ranger Distress Ink (Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo & Antique Linen) Martha Stewart (Pigment Ink Stack)
Pen – Sharpie (Black)
Embossing Powder – Fun Stamps (Clear)
Rubber Stamps – Tanda (Retro Men – Set 1)
Dies – Spellbinder (Nestabilities Labels Two)
Paper Punch – Woodware (Tag)
Buttons – Basic Grey

Other Bits
Moon Shadow Mist (Buccaneer Bronze)
Fibres
Eyelets
Computer Generated Greeting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, this is fantastic!!! I love your take on the sketch and the buttons are just perfect!! :)

TesaB said...

What a perfectly gorgeous card! Love it!

Kristen H said...

Men cards are so tough for me too! This is really good. I like how you used the sketch. The buttons are a super touch.

Anonymous said...

Its an ideal male card. Fab in everyway. I'm the same - my Dad's birthday is always on or near Fathers day and my Mam's birthday is always on or near Mother's day LOL!

Linda Beeson said...

What a fabulous masculine card! I love that image and I love what you did with that CPS sketch.