Friday 20 February 2009

DCM - Fish and Frogs - Double Dutch ....Not A Card

Oh boy……it’s been one of those weeks!

I’ve been rushing around like mad making sure I have everything ready for my holiday, as I fly to Florida early tomorrow morning. My main concern was making sure that dad will be ok and has enough food and meds to see him through until I get home but big brother will be with him so I'm sure all will be fine.

I’ve not had much time for crafting either, although I did do my
Daring Cardmakers card and one other special project that I managed to get finished which fits in with the Double Dutch challenge

Rein has set the dare this week and her theme is Fish and/or Frogs.



Considering I don’t have any Frog related stash you can guess what my choice had to be!



I stamped my fish twice onto Dark Blue Stardust card, embossed them in Silver and painted them with Twinkling H2’s. I then cut the fish from one of the images and mounted it on the other using 3d foam.

Next I made the three fish charms by stamping the same fish image onto Shrink Plastic using Black Staz On. They were then painted with H2O’s as well before being shrunk.

I run my card blank through an embossing folder before layering the card with the fish image and some printed vellum.

Card Blank – Do Crafts, Craft Tonic textured square cards
Card – DCWV Textured Pastels Card Stack, Craft Creations, Stardream
Inks –Ranger Distress Ink (Faded Jeans) Tsukneko Staz-On (Black) VersaMark (Clear)
Rubber Stamps – Inca Stamps, Stained Glass Fish
Embossing Powder – Stampendous (Detail Silver) Fun
Paints – Twinkling H2O’s
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug (D’Vine Swirl)
Printer Vellum – Hot Of the Press

Other Bits
Silver Embroidery Thread
Brads
Eyelets
Computer Generated Greeting

The other project that I mentioned was a Chipboard book I decorated for a friend's ‘Special’ son’s 21st birthday.


Well, that’s just about it from me……off to finish my packing now!

I’ll see you again round about the 8th March when I hope to be able to join in all the challenges again and tell you all about the new stash that just happens to fall into my case. Lol!

Bye For Now
Sue
x

Opps....forgot to list what I used for the 21st Birthday book.

Chipboard Book –Maya Road
Patterned Papers – Basic Grey, Boxer
Inks –Ranger Distress Ink (Faded Jeans)
Dies – Sizzlets, (Honky Dory & Take it Easy 12 in. Alphabet Strips, Birthday Cake, Gift 3, Tiny Tag & Star) Cuttlebug, (Party Hat, Birthday Cake, Balloons & Present) QuickKutz, (Cat, Long Present, Small Present & Candles) Spellbinder, Nestabilities
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug (Small Mosaic)
Buttons, Brads, Stickers & Fibres – Basic Grey, Boxer
Peel Offs – Craft Creations
Rub-On’s – E-Z Metallic Rub-On Transfers
3D Paint – Tulip (Blue Glitter and Red & Yellow Gloss)
Pens – Marvy LePlume
Glitter Glue – Stickles
Glaze – Judikins, Diamond Glaze

Other BitsChipboard Letters
Ribbon
Eyelets
Computer Generated Greeting

9 comments:

Lythan said...

Wonderful birthday book and I absolutely love the layering and shrinking on your fishy card. Have a fabulous time away :)

Maria Matter said...

Hi Sue!
Love this fishy card! Great embossing, and I like how you used the silver threads with the little fishes!
The 21 b'day card has so much wonderful detail...just fabulous!
Safe travels to you!
blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and creative work Sue!! :) Have a lovely holiday.

Vanessa.

Rika said...

Wonderful birthday book
und your card is beautiful.

Kathy said...

I love your fishy card Sue - the colours are just beautiful.

The book looks wonderful - love all the tabbed pages, what a great idea.

Have yourself a brilliant holiday

Hazel said...

Lots of lovely craftiness x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Sue, that first card is so pretty with the fishes!! I love the colors!! And your project is just ROCKIN!! I love the design!! TFS! ;)

Erica said...

That is an amazing birthday book Sue, just stunning! Wishing you a fab time in Florida, soak up some sun for me ;o}

Hugs,
Erica

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the fishy charms!
Fab birthday book too - what a great keepsake!
Helen x