Thursday 15 January 2009

Tanda Teaser - Wake Up and Smell The Coffee

I’ll just finished my card for the Tanda Teaser this week and the smell of strong coffee that’s wafting around my craft room is sure to keep me awake all night. I think it will keep the person the card is for awake when they get it too because the smell is so strong I feel sure it will linger.

The idea behind the teaser was to make a background using coffee or tea to stain the paper.

After a couple of failed attempts and stained Brown fingers I eventually reached for my Cuttlebug embossing folders.



I ‘painted’ the coffee solution onto the folder and then placed my White paper into it and run it through my machine. I then run my iron over it to dry it out quickly so I get on with it……I always was impatient!

Next I used the clear Papermania stamps ‘Spring Burst’ to stamp the flower and layered it together with round Nestabilities on 3D foam.


Papers – Basic Grey (Sugared)
Stamps – Papermania (Spring Burst) Whispers Words, (Birthday Wishes)
Inks – Tsukineko, Staz-On (Timber Brown) Ranger, Distress Ink (Vintage Photo & Worn Lipstick)
Punches – Fiskars (Threading Water Punch) Woodware (2inch Circle)
Dies – Nestabilities (Small Scalloped Circle)
Gems – Anita’s (Gemstone Wheel)

Other bits
Ribbon

3 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

I have just been having a look at your blog and the cards shown they are beautiful. I thought that maybe I would have ago at the Tanda Teaser as I also love coffee. It will be a challenge as I have never done it before but have seen it done on TV. Thanks for showing such a lovely card.
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

Fabulous effect.Great card too.
Beryl xx

sue law said...

Hi Sue,
Great card, I'm glad that you didn't give up at the first attempt! thanks for joining in with the Tanda challenge this week!