Friday 7 November 2008

Sparkle & Bling

It’s Dottie and George week over at the Daring Cardmakers and not only do we have a wonderful sponsor, we have a Sparkle & Bling theme too.


This week its Jozza's turn for the Dare and as its Fireworks week here in the UK she has gone all sparkly - so the brief was lots of bling!!
We are sponsored this week by Louise Brigden (the designer of Dottie and George plus a whole host of other fabulous images) and Charmed cards and Crafts (the shop who sell the downloadable images).

I‘ve never used the Dottie and George images before and I have to say it was impressed. They were fun to use and printed out so well. Not only that, you get a choice of coloured or uncoloured imaged to print, so if you’re feeling lazy all the hard work is already done for you.


The dare was very timely for me because I needed to make a card for a friend who was leaving work to have her baby, so Dottie came in very handy indeed.
The problem was I made the card, took some photos, then gave her the card and pressie and then remembered, after it had gone, that I hadn’t given the card the sparkly, bling finish needed for the dare.........So now I needed to make another card.

As Christmas cards are firmly on my mind at present I decided to go with the Dottie and Snowman image which I coloured with Prisma Pencils, cut out and decoupage onto my card.

It also gave me the opportunity to bring out the lovely Artylicious Season’s Greetings CD by Glenda Waterworth to print my backing paper.
There was a fair bit of embossing, chalking and glittering going on here too although my glitter doesn’t really show up that well in the photo……….I promise you it’s there’s………..in no less than four colours.

I may as well give you a glimpse of the first card I made. For this I used one of the precoloured images of Dottie.


Card – Craft Creations Creative Hammer
Patterned Papers – Artylicious Season’s Greetings CD, DCWV Baby Stack
Images – Dottie Downloads
Dies – Sizzlits Nouveau Alphabet, Nestabilities
Embossing Folders – Cuttlebug Snowflakes, Cool Round Snowflake,
Punches – Xcut Snowflakes
Glitter – Stickles
Chalks – Pebbles Inc. I kan’dee
Flowers – Prima

Other BitsFibres
Brads
Ribbon

10 comments:

Lythan said...

these are such sweet cards Sue. I can see the glitter on the first one honest!

Kathy said...

Two great cards Sue - I do love the way the snowman's "hair" matches Dotties!

Louly said...

Oh how beautiful! I love al the embossing and parkle on the topone and I love how you've done the double ovals on the original card, it has a great effect.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous Dottie creations Sue!

Lorraine Robertson said...

How cute are those images....

Think it may be another week or two before I'm back to joining in the challenges but hey that doesn't mean I can't have fun looking...

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxxxx

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Andrea, said...

fabulous cards and images, I love the sparkle and embossing on the 1st one

Jozza said...

Sue I love both your cards! Both totally fab :o)

Maria Matter said...

Adorable cards! Love your layered, sparkly snow!!!
Blessings, Maria

Erum Tasneem said...

wonderful cards!
Hugs from Pakistan!
VIBGYOR Krafts