Sunday 19 October 2008

I bet you all must have been thinking that I’ve left home.......................Well I’m sorry to disappoint you…no such luck. Lol!

As it happens I’ve been ill again and came down with that horrible virus that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. It really knocked me for six and I've been in no fit state to craft. Even now, a week later, I’m still suffering from some of the symptoms but at least I feel ready to bring out my paints and have a go at this week dare from the Daring Cardmakers.

I hate not having something ready for the Friday launch and especially this week as we celebrate our 2nd birthday.

I’ve not been on the team from the start but I can remember as clearly as if it were yesterday the day the first ever card making challenge blog hit the World Wide Web. Little did I realize then that I would be asked to join the design team and be a part of this great challenge blog that's gone from strength to strength over the last two years. I love looking at everyones creations each week and I always try and leave as many comments as I can so that you know I/we appreciate your efforts…..after all, without all of you we wouldn’t be celebrating 2 great years, would we!

Anyway, on to this weeks dare. As I said my card wasn’t ready for the Friday launch so I’ve had to slip it in under the radar and it’s on the DCM blog now.

It was Rhi’s turn to set the dare for us.

Paint the Town........

red, green, sky blue pink with yellow dots on, or any colour you fancy, with acrylics, H2Os or watercolours, with brushes, sponges or splatters. We don't mind, as long as you use paint on your cards. So have some fun with the DCM and get Painty this week.
I decided to have a bit of play with some Twinkling H2O’s

and started by making my own background paper.
I pained three different shades onto some cling film and then scrunched it all together to mix the colours up a bit. I then flattened it out again and laid my paper over the top and pressed down firmly, spreading the paint across the paper. I love the different effects it creates.

My Fuchsia image is also stamped with Twinkling H2O’s

Card – Bazzill & Craft Creations
Inks – Twinkling H2O’s
Rubber Stamps – Penny Black Brush Fuchsia
Other Bits
Stickles Glitter Glue
Ribbon
Brad

While I was messy and covered in more paint than was on the card I decided to do another, this time in shades of Blue.
I stamped two images with my new Vine Flourish stamp from Scrappy Cat and painted them with the H2O’s and then cut one of the images into small squares. I then chalked all around the edges before arranging then on the card and added some doodling.

4 comments:

Kreativgeschwafel said...

both cards are really fantastic!

Jackie said...

Great cards Sue, especially the blue one :)

Enfys said...

I loved the pink one on te DCM site, and now I love the blue one too. Fab effect with the cling film.

Kathy said...

Sue, these cards are fantastic - I absolutely adore your nackground papers they look amazing - you are just SUCH a clever girlie