Sunday 3 August 2008

Better Late Than Never I Suppose

Why are computers so temperamental?

I’ve been having fun and games with mine this week, first I was almost a day and a half with no internet connection and then when it was finally sorted out Blogger wouldn’t let me onto the DCM blog or my own.

Fortunately my card was made for Mel’s challenge this week and I got it on the Daring Cardmakers Blog before it started playing up but I didn’t manage to update my own before things went pear shaped, so here it is now.

Mel’s dare was quite intriguing because she wanted to see lots of sprinkles.

This week we're working with sprinkles. If you'd like to join in and play along then create a card using some teeny weeny dots/spots to represent little sprinkles. You might add a splash of french knots, beads, small sequins or bling, teeny buttons, hand drawn dots, paint splotches or think up something else thats teeny, tiny and sprinkled.
I think my card just about covers that in more ways than one.

First I run a brayer over the Blue Sarabooks Sapphire paper and the White card stock to give them a covering of Silver flecks. Next was a shower of little snowflakes, embossed with my Cuttlebug embossing folder and then given a quick swipe with a Silver ink pad and my final sprinkle were the tiny pale Blue seed beads that I’ve used to embellish the little snowflakes.

The large snow flake was stitched in Silver metallic thread using part of a ‘Form a Line’ template and has also been decorated with the seed beads.

I can’t say that I was initially happy with the sentiment that I’ve added, I think it’s a little too large but it’s done now and I don’t intend to change it.
I used my printer, set on photo quality to print directly onto the vellum. While it was still wet I gave it a quick coat of clear embossing powder and hearted it very carefully with a heat gum. Believe me, you have to be very careful as I found to my cost because if you get to close to the surface the heat not only melts the embossing powder but the vellum buckles and melts too.
You'll also notice that I've given the torn edges the embossing treatment before securing it to the card with two Silver snowflake brads.

No comments: