Sunday 22 June 2008

I've been tagged!

While I hopping I had a nosey on Kathy's blog and I noticed that she’s tagged me.I’m sure I didn’t get an email telling me about it but if I did I must have deleted it by mistake so I’m sorry Kathy.Apparently we have to answer the questions about ourselves and then tag another 5 people, so here goes........

Ten Years Ago:
I found this so hard trying to think what I was doing ten years ago, especially as I have such a mundane life.The thing that stands out most in my mind is that 1998 was the year that my dad had to undergo major surgery because he had an aortic aneurysm….extremely scary for him and us. The good thing is that although he took some time to recover he’s fine now and today we celebrated his 84th birthday
I was working as a Security audit Clark at the Bank Of England, where I worked for 28 years before retiring at the age of 47.I went to California for my holidays that year with my 'then' partner. It turned out to be one of the most memorable holidays I’ve had, due the fact that we were staying in Los Angeles and on our second night we were awakened by an earthquake. Not the first I’ve experienced but by far the scariest given where we were. There was another strong aftershock a couple of days later but thankfully we were all safe and we happily moved on down to La Jolla in San Diego for our second week.
That's about all I can remember.

Five things in today's 'to do list':

1. Clear up the mess from last nights BBQ
2. Do the insert for Dad’s birthday card
3. Drive Dad and Keith to the restaurant for lunch
4. Stitch some more of the panel for the Kids Company charity cushion
5. Can’t think of another one, besides, it’s Sunday and I’m in weekend mode

Snacks I enjoy:

Cashew Nuts.
Black Grapes
Ice Cream
Not necessarily in that order!

Things I would do if I was a millionaire:

If there was a glimmer of a chance that my dad’s eyesight could be restored (which sadly there’s no hope of) I would gladly give up every single penny. But as that’s never going to happen I guess it will have to be the same as Kathy, save some, spend some and give some away.

Places I have lived:

Very boring I’m afraid
I’m an Essex Girl and always have been. In fact I’ve lived in Loughton all my life and I now live less than half a mile from my home as a baby.

Now I have to tag another five people so typing fingers at the ready girls!
Juliet
Lythan
Jackie
Sheila
Judy

No comments: