Tuesday 25 March 2008

A Stitch in Time

I was thinking that it’s about time I did a little update on my cross stitching so you can see what I’ve been doing in the evenings whilst sitting with my feet up.

Firstly I’ll show you the progress made on my large Siberian Gold project. I’ve been working on this for over a month now and it doesn’t seem to be growing very fast.

Still, it was never intended to be finished overnight and with me stitching other projects in between it’s going to remain a WIP for the considerable future.

I love stitching charity projects and I’ve just completed four squares for SOLAK. As I’ve mentioned before they are a group of stitchers and quilters who make quilts and cushions for well deserving people.

My four squares are destined for a ten year old boy called Timmy who lives in Australia and who loves Pokamon. Now I know absolutely nothing about Pokamon but I’m pleased to say that Google came to the rescue again. I managed to find some pictures and chart them myself so now I have my fingers crossed that they look as they should and Timmy will be able to recognise what characters they are meant to be when he receives his quilt.

Oddish


Vileplume

Zubat

Gloom



Now that my SOLAK squares are finished I aim to make a start on a new joint project with Nicki and Sharon but at the moment I can't say any more about that, other than it’s something for a couple of people who we think are well deserving.

And just to get you wondering even more, in a day or two I hope to have some photos to show you of another joint project. All this intrigue…….but I can’t say more at the moment because the person it’s intended for hasn’t received it yet and I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

So as you can see my sewing needle has been very busy of late and I look to be stitching for some time to come if all goes to plan.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Cor all this intrigue :) I shall look forward to finding out what you're up to!
Fab work by the way.