Tuesday 19 February 2008

Oh Sooo Juicy

I’m a bit last posting this today because I’ve been out to lunch. I usually like to get it done in the morning, especially when it’s a ‘dare’ day but better late than never I guess.

Mel, over on the Daring Cardmakers blog wants us to make an ‘Oh Sooo Juicy’ card for this weeks little extra….that means using lemon or orange tones.

I immediately reached for my Blond Moments ‘Spring Fling’ papers and ‘Just Plain Dotty’ rubber stamps which were just perfect for this challenge.



First I covered the card with patterned paper and then stamped two flowers onto the piece that was remaining. The first was stamped in Orange ink and the other in Gold and they were both embossed with clear embossing powder before I cut both of them out.

Next I cut two pieces of cream card stock and put them through my Cuttlebug using the ‘D’vine Swirls’ and ‘Happy Birthday’ embossing folders. I gave the swirl one a quick swipe over with an Orange chalk ink pad and then layered both pieces onto Orange Bazzill. Then last but not least I added some Yellow and Orange ribbon as I layered all the pieces together and attached the two flowers to the centre with a large Yellow brad.

And there you have it …..an Oh So Juicy ‘slurpable’ (nicked that word from Rhi) card

4 comments:

Lythan said...

this card is just fabbo-tastic Sue

Judy said...

I love the way your card is 'altogether' (if you know what I mean! LOL)! The colours are fabulous.
Judy NZ

Katie said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I love this card, the colours are subtle but lovely. It was the insiration for the card I did for the challenge except that yours is better LOLOL!!

Katie

Cowchipper said...

hiya... checking out your blog, I really like your cards. Please take a minute to visit a friends blog at mccplg.blogspot.com and tell her cowchipper sent ya!, Keep up the beautiful work. Cowchipper (aka April)