Tuesday 12 February 2008

Love is in the Air

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the Daring Cardmakers team have set a Mid Week Little Extra to make a card using Black and Red Ribbons.

As I’ve mentioned before, Red isn’t a colour that I use very much but then I remembered that the Basic Grey Pack of papers that I brought before Christmas has some beautiful Red paper.



The components were:-

Papers - BG Scarlet’s Letter
Alphabet stickers - BG Scarlets Letter.
Ribbon - The Little Silver Hat
Diamantes – My Stash
Gold Marker Pen

Here’s another card I had to make this week, it was for a Leap Year Day birthday but I really struggled with it.


It was finally something a friend said that gave me the idea of doing 16 @ 4 and what better papers than Basic Grey’s Colour Me Silly. Do you get the connection? All those frogs……..Leap Year….Yah!!
I hope Scott gets it when he opens his card and doesn’t think it’s silly.

3 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards, I love the black and red ribbon and the layered hearts

Rosanne said...

Beautiful pages and I really like your card, excellent use of ribbon.

Cheryl said...

These are both stunning cards! And those scrapbook pages are amazing!