Monday 7 January 2008

Just Call Me Hop-a-Long!

I’m feeling so fed up with myself at the moment because I can’t get about very well.
It all stems back to an op I had on my Right knee over 20 years ago and every now and then it swells up for no apparent reason. It had been feeling a bit odd (numb) since the start of last week and as the week went on it steadily got worse.
I guess I didn’t help matters by limping my round the sales last Thursday looking for new shoes and by Friday I was unable to bend it at all. To add to the the problem I also had constant cramp in my calf because of the way I had been walking and to top off it started the pain in my hip off again, so since Friday I’ve been able to do very little, other than sit with my leg up and pop Ibuprofen tablets to reduce the swelling.
I eventually managed to get to the doctors this morning and he thinks it’s more likely to do with the ligaments rather than my old problem but said I should keep on with the tablets.
The good news is that I can at least bend it a little bit now and have been able to sit at my craft table today and have play.


Lynne has set the first dare of 2008 for the Daring Cardmakers team and she wants us to make a card celebrating ‘New’ so I decided to do a New Baby card.

While I was sitting with my feet up I used the time to stitch a few panels using ‘Form-a-Line' templates from Card Inspirations. I love doing these and have collected quite a few of them over the years. I've used a Teddy Bear for my card.





What I’ve used

Patterned paper and Blue card – DCWV Baby Scrapbook Kit in a Stack
Baby - Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Ribbons & Ric-Rac
Large & Mini Brads
Stickles Glitter Glue

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, what for a wonderful work. Lovely Cards. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work! Happy 2008. :)
Vanessa.

Debbie said...

Love your work, beaautiful, well done :)

Hope you knee is getting better by the hour. ;)

Debbie x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card love the stitch bear.

Clare said...

What a pretty card, I've not seen this way of making cards before.

Juliet said...

Your stitching is beautiful Sue and the card is lovely.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card the stitched teddy is so cute. Hope your leg is getting better

Jilli said...

Fantastic!

Deb said...

Wow, your stitching is amazing, it is very effective! Both lovely cards!

Lythan said...

Gorgeous card Sue. I do hope you are feeling much better soon sweetie!

Tina said...

Hi Sue
I can certainly sympathise with your bad week, i have fibromyalgia and rheumatiod arthritis and both conditions can be really painful, i was put on Morphine patches at the beginning of December after being off work for seven months(Dihydrocodiene weren't working well at all after four years) now i'm all systems go and hoping to go back to work at the beginning of February, so stick in there girl you'll get there in the end!!!! Your cards are absolutely beautiful, i love the teddy bear you've stitched, he is soooooo cute..
Keep your chin up!
Tina x

My Paper World said...

That's a great technique! your bear looks fab!