Sunday 16 September 2007

There's a first time for everything!

Yep, there is a first time for everything...........I went to my very first crop yesterday.

It was a charity crop in support of the Make A Wish Foundation and was well worth every penny of the £20 it cost for the ticket. The price even included a fantastic goodie bag full of some wonderful things to play with, including a pile of 12 x 12 papers……not bad err!

There were classes that you could take part in and a fantastic raffle with loads of prizes and a top prize of a Craft Robo.
I was lucky enough to win something…..a Daisy D’s Purse and Booklet kit and some 12 x 12 papers to go with it.

Never having been to a crop before I wasn’t sure what to expect and had no idea what I should take but in the end I decided to do another page for my Family Tree album. In actual fact it was a photo that I had already scrapped but I wasn’t happy with it and decided to do it again.









As you can see it’s a layout of my Great, Great Grandmother.

I’ve used some of the Designer papers from the K & Co pad that Lythan gave me for my birthday. It’s just so perfect for my album so expect to see lots more of it in the coming months.
The lettering was cut on my craft Robo and the flowers were cut by hand from one of the sheets of paper that was all covered in glitter (very lush) and then layered using 3D foam. The only other things used were some Stickles glitter glue, a couple of Gold brads and some sheer Cream ruffled ribbon that was part of a kit from The Little Silver Hat.

Lythan was concentrating hard on her two layouts and I’m not even sure she was aware that I had taken this photo.



Later on in the day I did a class where I made this little chipboard book.















Anyway, all in all it was a good day, even if I did forget to take some lunch with me and I can’t wait for the next one!

2 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous layout & chipboard book.

Hazel said...

Super LO (love the photo of your great grandmother) and lovely chipboard book. Glad you enjoyed the crop. Have just read about it on Lythan's blog (it was lovely to see your photo on there) - and now it's good to see Lythan here - concentrating so hard!