Sunday 16 September 2007

DCM – In A Word

This weeks challenge is from Rhi over at Daring Cardmakers and she says:-

This week I dare you to use a Word as the main focal point to your card. It can be a name, a greeting or just a word that inspires you. You can use other text but only one word as a main embellishment. So dig out your dictionaries, die cutters, alphabet stamps, rubons or download a funky font and show us what you can do! The design team have come up with some fabulous creations to inspire you.


Well, I think it's safe for me to show this card now because it's for my brothers birthday next week. He's somewhere over the Atlantic at the moment and it's very unlikely he'll be looking at my blog in the next couple of weeks so here goes.


My dad asked me to do a card for him so I decided on a three page booklet type thing and covered all the pages with Tres Jolle papers from My Mind's Eye.

On the inside of the card, which you can't see because silly me forgot to take a photo of that bit, I've used a VersaMark Pad to stamped various cars and then chalked over the top in contrasting colours.

All of the lettering was cut on my Craft Robo and I've finished all the edges in my usual way by inking with distress ink.




4 comments:

Anne said...

Very cool card, love the letters as tabs at the side!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fantastic card. Very stylish.

Gillian said...

Wow Sue, that's so cool! love it.
and the papers you've used are Scrummy too!

Rhi said...

Gorgeous Sue, I'm starting to think I maybe could justify a robo after seeing your fab card!