Tuesday 24 July 2007

Another challenge

Yesterday I was checking out some of the other blogs looking for some new challenges and came across Sketch This Card! . where they give you a template each week. At the moment they are running a competition where you had to complete three cards over three weeks, this week being the last and although I’m too late to enter because the cards had to be submitted each week, I decided to still have a go and see what I could come up with.

For my first card I played with my distressing inks.
I used my Clear Choice ‘Journey’ stamps and Brown & Orange StazOn to stamp a background onto a cream card and then sponged the card with three shades of distress Inks before giving it a quick sprits with water.
While this was drying I stamped the boat (Inkadinkado) onto another piece of card with Brown StazOn and repeated the whole process.
When dry this was then matted it onto some patterned paper and attached to the card with gold eyelets.
I also made a small tag to which I attached a small gold anchor charm.
Other embellishments used are a gold paper clip, brads and brown grosgrain ribbon.





The second card of the trio is made using an acetate jacket over the card.
All the papers are Chatterbox - scrapbook walls.
I used my Craft Robo to cut the three large loopy flowers that are mounted onto the actual card and the ones mounted onto the acetate were hand cut and layered from the Scarlet Sandbox Flowers sheet.
The card was finished off with lots of Stickles glitter glue and some fibres from my stash.



And last but not least is this anniversary card.
The papers are from DCWV Wedding stack and also HOTP Paper Pizazz Wedding & Romance scrapbook kit.
The faux chipboard heart was stamped and embossed in silver. I added three small gems and finished it off by covering half of the heart with Diamond glaze and the other with crackle glaze.
Lavender ribbon and flowers from my stash.
Black and white ribbon courtesy of Lythan, thanks hun.






1 comment:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards, Sue. I so love the travel one with that cute anchor.
I am leaning towards vintage a lot at the moment & hoping to get some more ATC's done, but I do scrap as well & have spent two hours doing a layout.
There are some fabulous challenge/sketch blogs out there for both cards & scrapping & sometimes the sketches for scrapping can be used for cards too!